Felix In Hollywood

A Blog for the Smart Set

Thursday, January 14, 2010

How "Sweet" It Is

If you don't know them, it's time. This is Sweet Honey In The Rock. The group formed in the early 70's comprised of members of the DC Black Repertory Theater. Some of it's membership has change over the years but the spirit and the soul remain. I once worked at a restaurant with one of the members in the 80's and have met most of the group at one time or another. They each have the most incredible essence of grace and dignity I've ever been in the presence of. I have loved their music since I first heard it.

If they come to your town, see them. If not please buy there music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for mentioning Sweet Honey. I've been a fan of theirs for a quarter century; and while I can't seem to dredge up the old excitement for them since the departure of founder Bernice Johnson Reagon, the continuing group deserve mention and support.