Felix In Hollywood

A Blog for the Smart Set

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Gordon's (Gin) Logic

Sheila and Gordon MacRae



"My marriage to Sheila began to end when she wouldn't accommodate my drinking and began concentrating on her own career.  I think the wife I should have had would be a stay-at-home alcoholic.  Someone like Dixie Lee, who was married to Bing Crosby. I'd have been kinder to her than Crosby was, and she'd have been more sympathetic to me." 
- Gordon MacRae

Bing and Dixie Lee Crosby

4 comments:

mrpeenee said...

Well, that's certainly clear-eyed and balanced.

Peeper Beeper said...

Of Liz and Monty a quote from the last line of "The Secret Ceremony"

" There were two mice fell in a bucket of milk, one yelled for help and drowned, the other kept pedaling around until, in the morning, he found himself on top of butter. "

The Cool Cookie said...

I dispise Bing Crosby for what he did to Dixie and the boys. What a son of a bitch.

normadesmond said...

"a stay at-home alcoholic"

what a sensible chap he was.